Friday, June 09, 2006

"As one door closes, another door opens."

How prophetic is that statement in our lives... Today, a future job opportunity closed down on me just as another opened. I've felt quite inconfident about securing a job after that 3 month long break that I will be on... Yet I'm lucky that there are people who are willing to help me push me on as I go onto that state of difficulty and rise to the challenges ahead.

I spoke to Joe (Johann from The 1st Singaporean Transcontinental Expedition) today for a long and good time to prepare for the trip. He's kindly loaned me his bike panniers and stove, told me what's required and again... offered to take me for a trip out of Singapore on bike once again, just so I'm sure I want to go on this whole Thailand - China cycling expedition. I tell you, friendships like this is invaluable. And he's trying real hard right now to get his way into Earth Institute of Columbia University... Writing a paper and all. Which is great :) Keep this up, Joe! I think you've got the direction right!

I had a word with someone that's doing HR work and all. The feeling that I got was that my skill sets and competencies seem better for doing HR stuff - management and development. While I'm not sure where this would take me to, I think its a great option to explore. This is especially since one of the doors closed in on me. Sigh. It would have been a great door to open. No time to truly regret what I said and not said, just only time to move on.

Anyhows, he's teaching me to leverage on my strengths by moving into HR. Pay's good. The learning processes is great. So why not consider?

By tomorrow, I'd be a Spanish school dropout. So long, Las Lilas... For now. I'd want to continue on Spanish classes once I am back from my 3 months long journey to "sort things out" with myself and truly overcome all that pain/agony/sadness that has taken its toll on me over the last 3 years. I believe that my expedition is a necessary undertaking right now to help me move on with life.

If I am good with it, I know that I've not made a poor choice all along. And its just that I took a longer road to know that I'm good. And that, maybe this is what that I was being prepared for all this time. To take on one of the last world greats... or whatever it can be.

If I am poor at it, I'd know finally that I should have never gone into all these stuff I had been. I should be doing what I'm best at and face reality once and for all.

I think this is it. This is the make and break point. This is the swim or sink stage. This is where I will be decisive and go for things.

This month is so busy that I don't really know what's next as well. I'm just looking forward to leaving the safety zone of employment and praying that I won't become a statistic of unemployment in the coming months. Luck and karma plays a huge part in each of our lives... And I guess I've done a good deal to accumulate enough karma for now... Lets see where this ride ends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home