Friday, June 30, 2006

Racks Mounted!

Finally after much difficulties, I've managed to secure bike racks. The front was HARD to find! Thank God that there were supplies at The Rebound Centre, where I secured front rack for my suspension fork (Yes, I'd rather have suspension for the bumpity rides; and I bought this Surly back rack there as well.

The best bike mechanic of Tampines (and some say the East of Singapore) Winson from SCH, along with the rest of the SCH gang (Sebastian, Gerald and Jerome) had been very helpful to help me put together the bike for the trip. They fully serviced the bike, even gave me a free old gear shifter cover (cos my one got lost while at work), mounted the racks free and gave me a great price for all the long hard work I put them through! I love these guys. An A class bike shop!

So besides promising them the nice photos (I'd prolly have to give these guys a POSTER of the expedition) and stories to brag abt once I actually come home, I begun to feel a sense of excitement.

My Scott Montana (bought 2004) is finally ready to see some action. The bike is so well polished that it is a shame for it to be dirtied on the trip. But as the SCH gang said "You'd probably have to come in here after the trip and re-do the works again!" Ah. I figure so too. After this trip, I think I'd adore my Scott bike more than ever.

So the panniers can fit the bicycle and I'd need to do the next part tomorrow in between errants and outings to try add in the load and attempt to cycle around a bit. I guess it would become harder and I'd have to lower my seat post to make things more safe. Swerved a fair bit today cos I wasn't well balanced on the new sleekies I bought for the trip.

Yawn. Need to rest for now. So stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home