Monday, August 14, 2006

while i'm still trying to come up with that consolidation of what i've picked up so far, i shall just blog about what's been happening since i've returned home.

well, for one, its certainly good to be home, where i can finally have that plate of elusive roast duck noodles which haunted me at most meals when i was on expedition. the back is not getting significantly better with the amount of rest i've been giving it lying on my thermarest...

but its not been great.

my room had been converted into a storeroom by the family, when i was away. i found funny things like unwanted encyclopedias, storybooks and even the vacuum cleaner inside. i was mildly annoyed to see what has become of my little refuge from the world. next to that, my father unceremoniously announced that my grandma was coming to visit and as usual, would take my room. i bit my tongue and decided not to argue, since my mother would come up with the usual line of how my grandma doted on me the most when i was a kid... (which she conveniently forgot about how she was ALSO disappointed that i wasn't a boy)

so for the last 2 nights, i've had to be camping in my own living room.

along with grandma came the maid, who is a nice sweet lass that does a great job at cleaning up the otherwise unworldly home. my mom's a working mom, who does a good job at cleaning the house, but we are a pretty much messy bunch tho. so as the maid clears up the messy place, i found shorts that belonged to 3 people - the father, the brudder and the sister all in my cupboard. no wonder it looked more stuffed than before i left.

the sister took the cable modem and router to her room. and now i'm subject to her conditions - the toilet door must be left mostly closed, the windows cannot be fully opened, the fan cannot be turned on to the max... blah blah and blah...

i guess i do sound rather contemptious at this moment of everything that's happening at home. and i would strive to improve things a little once grandma's off finally tmr, i finish off with that bit of work on my mountaineering team's comm service attempt and the writing of the other stuffs that happened along the expedition.

i find it strange to be home somewhat. or even that it was actually easier to live with a complete stranger over the last month. and find that the nomad in me wants to be away still...

the mother's having a hard time, because the father is considering trying to hide my passport, so that i won't take off as soon as the back is fine again. i can only say that i'm struggling with my own daily life at this point...


"Its when you are home that you wish you are on an adventure. And its when you are away, when you wish you are home."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home