Thursday, July 13, 2006

I decided to end my self-imposed imprisonment at the hostel in Pak Chong, just to get out there and see people. Test the reactions as well to my ugly mug.

The swelling's gone down a fair bit. The scrapes are still ugly as before, and not drying up as quickly as I had hoped. Should have nicked that bottle of Anaflex powder from my bro's first aid pouch before I left. Didn't expect that I'd need it. I realised that I actually will need to top up my supplies, cos otherwise, I'd be eating up Jason's one soon. I'm hoping to find some decent supplies up at the next location – Khon Kaen.

I was supposed to take a bus up to Udon Thani, but it sounded all too boring with little to do around those parts. Hostels there not that fantastic for a bored patient either, so I figured I should move to Khon Kaen where there is supposed to be a hostel that comes with cable teevee... where I can rest my mug and hope it will get better soon.

From Khon Kaen, it should take us another 3 days to arrive at Vientiane. Jason's supposed to turn up in about 1-2 days time at Khon Kaen. Its 193km and he figured he can try to do a full day to arrive there. Oh dear... Hope he doesn't try to pull it off too hard. He would need crates of beer just to recover from it. Haha...

Anyways, I'm hoping that the hostel takes me in, cos otherwise... I'd have to foot a pretty large bill to some fancy-schmancy place that is willing to take me and this ugly mug (looks remotely nothing like my passport photo)...

And I begin to wonder if I can even pass the borders... Judging by how disfigured I am from the fall ... So different from passport photo. Haiz. Not even my nearest ID card. :( Sadded.

I've cheered up significantly. Got myself out of doldrums, cleaned up my messy spot of dirty pans and laundry... Wanted to sit in depression for a bit, but looking at how hard Jason was trying to put everything back on track again, I decided that I shouldn't be such a runt. (sounds a bit Brit-y there, eh?)

I'm still crossing my fingers that some of you people would fly in to Laos next week... With supplies of medical stuff (Melolin, Tedagerm, Bactigras and my favourite... Anaflex), dvds to watch (the dvd quality here no good!), chicken rice and ice lemon tea (its way too much sugar here!), Dilmah/Twinnings English Breakfast teabags (for Jason – English bloke who just can't do without their daily dose of tea), another 1.75 Panracer Tserve tyre would be good... Haha. Of course, its just a perk to have these stuff. I'm just carrying what I can. The weight's starting to lighten up, since... I'm using my shampoo and soap regularly? (Or at least I figure its lighter now)

I'm estimating the timeline like this for now.

Khon Kaen – Jason to arrive on 14 July
Udon Thani – 15 July
Nong Khai - 16 July (Thai border)
Vientiane – 17 July

Maybe we'd get in there only closer to 18 July.

Oh yes, I need help. Can anyone just help me ring up Tan Tock Seng Hospital's Travel Health Centre? I need advice on getting my rabies booster shot number 3. Turns out that my next shot is due on 24th July, but I'd be already in Laos (where medical facilities are less than brillant) by then. Please help me find out how early I can take the jab prior to 24th or how much later I can take the jab after 24th? Reply me by my email, cos I should be able to take emails at Khon Kaen. Thanks, nice people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home