Thursday, July 06, 2006

Its been a blast starting from trying to order Thai food, only to find that I'm kind of turned off by this particular ingredient which they put into their salads, to something not as crazy like figuring out how to put my bike together again after its been taken apart to fly to Thailand with me.

Discovered that I am quite an ass, cos I can't do anything without my bike mechanic, Winson of SCH. I don't know how to reassemble the bike, tune the bike and blah blah blah... But the good news is, I know how to do it now. (Just that I'm crossing my fingers that I'd get lucky and find someone who knows how to take it apart for me to ship it home.

Freakin' overweight luggage costed me an arm and a leg. 80 dollars! 80 freakin' dollars. NOTE TO SELF: never, ever bring the toiletries again. Blardy hell.

I've yet to test the load, but I figure I'd try tomorrow after we're back from visiting this orphanage at Khlong Toey. Its a very sad one, cos its called the Slaughterhouse. Father Joe Maier runs it anyway. Drop by this site to find out more about what he's done so far at www.mercycentre.org . He's got this whole book all about this area and the sad stories it had. The good news, however, is that he's starting to get attention on the work he's done and... Aberdeen, the sponsor for Expedition 360 (www.expedition360.com) is actually going to try do some donation works!

We're gonna start cycling off towards Udon Ratchashima only on Sunday cos the traffic here is crazy. How crazy is it? Crazy enough for me to be stuck on a bus (without it budging more than 10m) over HALF AN HOUR. And it was freezing from the air-conditioning on board. Worse still, it was raining outside. So I got off the bus and walked in the rain for nearly 2km back to the hostel. That means I've walked somewere like 4-5km today.

It wasn't too bad - wandering around and finding all that nice stuff to buy (only not to buy it) and realising that I've already started missing people like Candy (who'd love to shop here) and all that fun lot of you who would love to be here on this adventure. It would have been great if more of you are here. Not to say that Jason Lewis of Expedition 360 is boring... BUT he's been very nice and good company to hang out with.

The only sad thing out of walking that long a distance today was my arms. I went to Bumrangrad Hospital today to get my vaccination shots. And man, the hospital's a freakin' hotel! I ain't kidding ya! But the doctor really had poor technique. After the rabies jab, I can't even lift my arm!

So imagine poor Mel with 2 big bags of stuff (food supplies from supermarket and equipment for cycling from Cannasia Thailand)... struggling with her aching arms and all. Its SAD. really.

still freakin hurts now.

I think I'd do a bit of a couch adventure tomorrow by watching Johnny Depp save the day off Pirates of the Caribbean 2. Yeah, so that's the plan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home