Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Busted Up

11 July 2006

Yes, I'm busted. Quite literally. About 9am, 9km off Pak Chong (small small town about 80km from NKR), I was thrown off my bike. The hill was pretty steep and long. I wasn't careful enough and rolled down the hill too quickly. I kept trying to engage my brakes, the speed got worse and worse. I couldn't brake and got thrown off the bike.

I live to tell.

Now my face is all smashed and bruised from the fall. Thank God for the lesson that Kennieth from work once taught me... He insists on wearing his helmet every time that he bikes. I wore my helmet and its smashed on the right side now. It probably saved my life.

The rest of my body parts are pretty much ok, minus the majorly big scrapes on both my thighs and right elbow. Looks like I've beaten Chu'ai (from work) to the records of largest “bah kwa”.

It was pretty painful initially. I cried and cried in pain and shock. At least for an hour solid till they shot me with painkillers (probably morphine) in the hospital. I took some Ibuprofen and Panadol once I returned to the hostel that we are going to put up for a couple of days just to wait for me to recover. Serum's kind of pouring all over me now. Think its time for a cleanup.

Had a relatively short catnap. The body is trying to cough out all of the dirt in my body thru the serum and pus.

Well, for the record, I had 3 stitches on the left side of my face. A large piece of gravel got stuck between my helmet and my head. If not for the helmet, I would have died.

Jason's been great so far, taking very good care of this bashed and bruised team-mate. He's actually out trying to get my bike computer replaced. It was smashed along side with an inner tube that was ripped about 6 inches long. A can of my “celebrations only” Coca Cola was smashed as well and it splattered all over my handlebar bag.

I actually feel bad about holding up the expedition, especially when Jase has got a really tight timeline to meet. His visa is only till 21st July. Counted the days from now, its about just 10 more days. The longer that I get stuck, the worse the situation it can be. :( Sorry man.......

3 Comments:

Blogger py said...

shit man that sounds really bad, glad you had your helmet on. take the chance to rest well... despite the ambitious target, safety's still most impt. take breaks if u need them, and definitely be safe rather than sorry. what's 1 or 2 days delay, as long as you get there in good shape right.

let us know how you're recovering, take care babe

9:15 AM  
Blogger ruz~* said...

battle scars!!! cool!! but take care of urself honey!

3:49 AM  
Blogger me.lis.sa said...

hey everyone, still alive! and face is recovering faster. will shoot photos to tell soon... now not in best state.

3:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home