Thursday, July 13, 2006

Now at Khon Kaen, dying of boredom slowly...

The good news is that its such a big town (4th in thailand) that it has a cheep cheep internet cafe that bills 15THB per hour. So I can afford to hang out here as long as I want to... and especially since my small little 250THB per night hostel room is less than desired with its thin mattress. Haiz. I'm getting spoilt!

Jason and I had been putting up at nice little hostels. There was this little homestay that sprung out of nowhere the night before Pak Chong. It was quaint, like a little house in the forest. Had a very good's night rest there, after being badly disturbed by some English boys who were watching World Cup finals.

I'm here alone at Khon Kaen. Found a nice little replacement for my bicycle computer and realised that CannAsia - be it in Thailand or Singapore, sure has got high prices.... You know what I mean...... Damn. But can't complain too much, cos they are a good source of information, home away from home and I won't have found the bike computer if not for Rasa from CannAsia Thailand's help. So yups.

Was having a bunch of thoughts running thru my head as I was on the bus to Khon Kaen.

Planes help you to travel around the world.
Ships help you cross the oceans.
Trains help you get across lands.
Buses help you get from point to point
But bicycles help you see the world slow enough... Cos otherwise everything else goes in a flash.

I won't advise walking around the world, cos its just too long to travel.

But yes... I'm still on this expedition and I will be continuing once my knees heal up a bit. Will try to put up photos soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home