Saturday, July 15, 2006

Wah. Cannot believe it man. My travel funds of SGD3000 is nearly breached. After a week in Thailand I made some new calculations to realise that I've been busting my budget! That's not good news, even though most of the funds are actually from the gameshow winnings... Its a long road to go man. Haha.

Where did the money go....

1)Buy bicycle parts to make it for the trip – SGD500
2)Travel insurance – SGD 350
3)Vaccinations – SGD 370 (so far... still got 1 more rabies shot to take)
4)Flying to BKK and excess luggage – SGD180

Ok, only accounted for about half the money. The other half is just for expenses, which is a sum that's yet to be tapped. I've spent nearly 500 bucks in Thailand over the last 9 days. Most of it were wiped due to the bicycle add-ons that I bought at CannAsia and of course, from the DARN accident. Quite sad actually.

Well, the good news is... I've still got reserves from the car sale! HENG AH!!! If not sure die. Or in the worst case scenario, I'd have to find another gameshow to win more money! (Thai gameshows aren't exactly the most fantastic either...) And of course, I'm still on paid leave technically... Wahahah. Thank you, OBS! Woo hoo... (Sounds almost like the slogging out had paid off... NOT!)

I was just thinking how I can actually try to fund myself...

1)Sell postcards of trip. (ala Johann/Alex with their words of wisdom @ USD5)
2)Sell t-shirts? (ala every other SG expedition)
3)Sell my soul?
4)WIN GAMESHOW!!!

Wahahah... See the choice is obvious.

I just need another gameshow.

Ok, was just kidding. But anyways, think my face is still intact enough to try out for Discovery Travel and Living's 5TAKES? I wonder if I'd actually get called. Another 4 weeks to find out.

Jason calls the 2 of us media whores. Because its true!! He needs publicity to feed the expedition. I need the gameshow money to finance my trips most times (since university days anyways). If there's anymore gameshows hoh, can lemme know? :P

***ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE, thanks for all that smses during the crash period. The scabs are coming off the face nicely... hopefully not too much scarring (its a bit too early to tell still). I will not be sending too many SMSes from now on, cos I just realised that its a very draining expense. Thank you again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home