Saturday, July 15, 2006

If only Mrs Kong – my home economics teacher from TKGS, can see what I'm doing now... That would be great. She'd be glad to know that “that girl who cannot use the sewing machine and makes it break down just by touching it” can sew very well by hand now.

I used to be a real poor seamstress back in high school. I was the clumsiest girl in class with the sewing machines and its true... I break the machines more often than get to use it. I can't even thread the bobbin at all. Turns out that's a blessing in disguise.

Cos I just had to repair a lot of torn items... There was my cycling tights and shirt from the accident. There was also my favourite OB long sleeve shirt with just too many holes near the pits... Oops. My little daypack had holes and the strap was torn (not from accident, from my abuse of it for the last 7 years).

Thank God for the moments back in school when I had no idea how to use the damn sewing machine and had to learn better technique by hand sewing everything. There was even this project for sewing a shirt of sorts, which I ended up doing by hand. This is when everyone else was either good at machine sewing or their moms/maids were doing their homework for them. Well, the shirt came out many sizes too small for me. But it was an achievement nonetheless.

So, cheers to that as my greatest achievement on 14th July!

2 Comments:

Blogger ruz~* said...

gosh...i always had to ask someone to thread the machine for me coz i couldnt fish the stupid thread from the stupid lower compartment. harr..n ur face dont look too bad lah but next time can smile a bit or not? haha

8:39 AM  
Blogger me.lis.sa said...

wah. i tried... but its just such a freakin' disaster everytime i did. anyways... smiling doesn't look too good yet. look weird somehow. :P

12:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home