Sunday, July 16, 2006

To UDON THANI!

Jason has arrived at Khon Kaen today! Hurray! Someone who can actually understand what I'm talking about! (Since I only can speak that much Thai-lish to actually order my food, buy things and use the Internet)

It was good to catch up over dinner what's happened so far. I guess it is a good thing that we have each other to talk to... Lest we go bonkers trying hard to communicate with the locals separately. Its really important to find people to unload everyday as I realised. So this means that I'd have lesser blogging diarrhoea everyday.

We're expected to leave Khon Kaen only on Monday, because his bike's bottom bracket needs a bit of a look by the local mechanic. We aren't too sure how lucky we can get to find a decent bicycle shop that carries all the parts and still conduct a proper servicing along the road after this. I am trusting this shop because at least it does decent sports bicycle stuff... quite unlike the usual mom-and-pop kind of bicycle shop. Its ok to get some things from mom-and-pop, but decent servicing MUST be done die-die by some actual pros. (Or so I've chosen to believe after being a bike owner in the last 2 years)

ADVERTISING MOMENT: SCH AT TAMPINES (NEXT TO HOLY TRINITY) IS MY TRUSTED CHOICE! Best in the EAST of Singapore! And I do mean it. Especially since the guy, at this other bike shop which sold Scott bicycle stand, actually forgot to help me attach back my brake cable after doing the stand. Could have gone for a long spin around that neighbourhood. Choose your mechanic wisely people... Choose them wisely. My mechanic of choice: Winson of SCH!

Looking at how things are, we are probably going to arrive at Nong Khai (Thai borders) on Tuesday. The crossing to Laos should be done on Wednesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home