Sunday, July 16, 2006

THIS POST IS DEDICATED TO PEIYUN (wa eh ai kong hokkien, but buei hiao kong hokkien eh peng yu), Dee Dee (wa eh hokkien way ah beng buddy) and mrbrown.com (that plovide that few minutes of familiar Singaporean accent online).

Pwah. Welcome to the age of the Internet man! I've been missing out so much about stuff at home that I've resorted to downloading episodes of Mr Brown's show. I've become a convert of his “Zhng My Car” programme. Missing the Singaporean Ah Beng accent. Want to “kong hokkien way, but kong liao hoh, wa eng ang mo peng yu buei hiao tia” (want to talk in hokkien, but say already, my English partner dunno how to listen). Sibeh sad.

I think when I come back hoh, got angmo accent already. Ok lah, not say don't have before I come. Now only become even more angmo only mah. Mai kia, wa boh jiak kantang eh. Jit dao boh kantang jiak eh... Bii jin zui, jiak ka sian liao. Kuah liao mah si sian.

( Don't worry, I don't eat potatoes one/speak only English. Down here no potatoes to eat one. Rice a lot, eat until bored already. See already also sian...)

Wa kia khe Laos hoh, ai jiak roti liao. Wa boh jiak roti eh. Wa eh peng yu Jason hoh, kua roti happy liao. Angmo lang jiu si ah ni kuang eh lah, simi mah si roti, kantang... Wa eh peng yu Stingray kong hoh, roti and kantang jiak liao zhin bui... Kua liao boh swee, jin pai kua... Wa mm zhai lah, wa boh jiak roti eh.


(I'm afraid that once we arrive in Laos, I'd have eat bread. I don't like to eat bread at all. Jason's going to be really happy, since its all part of his culture to do so. My friend Xinrui says that eating bread and potatoes ala Caucasian staples makes people fat, but I'm not sure since I don't actually like eating bread.)

Aiyah, jit dow jin sian. Simi mah boh. Ai kua movie hoh, cinema mm zhai si doh loh eh. Ai kua DVD, DVD mah si Thailand eh. Ai tiah lay-lio hoh, mah si mm zhai gong simi way eh lah. Aiyah. Jin sian.

(This is a boring town. There's not much around here. Want to catch a movie, but I dunno where is the cinema. Want to buy DVD to watch, but its all in Thai! Want to listen to radio, but I dunno what they are talking about. Ah, boring!)

Wa tiah Mr Brown show hoh, sibeh hot ah! Wu sponsor eh leh! Jin zai loh! Wa eh peng yu Jason hoh, website eh journal hoh, boh kau sponsor... Wu sponsor lah, mm si jin zhui. Wu lui hoh, sponsor a video lah... Mai kiam siap, Sing-ka-poh-leans wu lui eh... Mm si jin gwee eh lah. Ma si sha-jak-gor meh kim lui.

(I hear that Mr Brown show is very popular! So popular that he even has sponsors. Jason's journal sites would do a lot better if there is an increase of sponsorship. Its only USD 35 to sponsor a video!)

Solly if I seemed somewhat loh-soh. Just missed talking in hokkien way man. Hai. Sibeh sian ah!!! And judging by how bored I am, I actually had the time to think in hokkien and write even. I guess my literary skills is increasing by the day man. Haha. Not to worry, not much boring crap going to come out of me for some time. We're off to bike tomorrow!

1 Comments:

Blogger py said...

wa nasi wu looi, wa confirm sponsor lih lang eh trip. sponsor lih wu jik eh dua dua liap eh helmet, bao li eh tao, bao li eh bin. li sio sim dam bo hor, mai pua toh again!

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home